Sunday, September 1, 2013


Hi everyone! Man, I can’t believe it’s September already… this summer just flew by! I’m not going to lie, I am really dreading the coming of winter. Winters in Boston sure aren’t fun!  But I still have many happy, summer memories to document, so hopefully that will help me to pretend it’s still hot and sunny outside, haha!

I’m here today to share another layout for Use Your Words. The challenge word this time is “tough,” and man, it was quite hard for me to figure out what to scrap about for this one! Eventually, I ended up picking a hiking trip I took last month. It really wasn’t very tough at all, but since it is definitely something that we wouldn’t normally do, I thought it was good enough, and I managed to work “tough” into my title without too much trouble!

My favorite layouts are usually one photo layouts, because there is so much room to play. Multiple-photo layouts tend to be more difficult for me, so I went looking for a sketch that I could use and though this one by Shimelle would be perfect! For one of the photo spaces, I included a 3x4 card instead, that was from my second set of freebies! I just really wanted to show that even if you’re not a Project Lifer, these cards are perfect for scrapbooking, or really any other paper craft!!

So this is the layout I came up with:




I have to admit, I’ve been saving that background paper… it is just soo lovely. I’m a big fan of having white cardstock, or subtly printed background at the moment, and this one is neutral but also has some interest! I think I’ll have to grab another sheet or two!!

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to stop by the Use Your Words blog to see what the other DT members have come up with! There’s a big range of styles among us, so you’re sure to find something that will inspire you! And don’t forget to link up your project if you play along… there’s a neat, exclusive printable for one lucky winner, made by yours truly! ;)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. this is super! I love the design and mixture of papers/alphas! So cool how you added one of your own designs as well. Excellent work with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Awesome design and product choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page! Great sketch (I've use it too, it's awesome!) I love how you worked with such a sweet title!

    ReplyDelete

Share your lovely thoughts with me :)